Strategic planning for small business doesn’t have to be complicated.
You don’t need a multi-page document that you pay a consultant thousands of dollars and dozens of hours to create.
Every small business owner should, and can, have a strategic plan all on 1 sheet of paper that provides practical daily guidance. So, if you’re not a large corporate entity with hundreds of employees, why do strategic planning for small business? What do you get out of it? I’ve seen concrete, real-world benefits for those business owners who take the time to create a strategic plan…
You will make more money
How can you meet goals around profits if you don’t set goals around profits? Improved profit is not likely if you don’t think through and document the actions necessary to meet those profit goals.
Want higher profits? Here are 5 benefits you get from having a good strategic plan:
- It gives everyone in the company direction as they make daily decisions.
- You’ll analyze every part of your business with an objective
- Every person begins working toward the same goal instead of doing what he or she thinks best.
- You’ll gain an understanding of what your business is capable of
- You’ll have confidence that what you’re doing today serves your long-term goal
How to make a concise, thorough, and usable strategic plan
I use a version of Verne Harnish’s 1-Page Strategic Plan that I modified for my small business owner clients. It provides a framework that walks you through every component of your business. It gives step-by-step questions that help you complete each section of the strategic plan document. You can walk yourself through it in just a few hours.
I offer it on the Free Resources tab of my website. You can download a copy and get started now. You can also email me a line Roger@InspireResults.com and I’ll email it to you (no strings).
Strategic planning for small business is so important that I run a quarterly workshop in central Indiana. You can get started on your’s now and bring it to the workshop for some extra help. Business owners come together and help each other complete their 1-Page Strategic Plans. Many owners attend most every quarter to update their long-term plans and make new 90-Day Action Plans—it’s become their habit.
Register for the first quarter’s Growth Plan Business Planning Workshop here.
Thur., Jan. 7, 2016, 9 – 4 pm
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis Airport, 8910 Hatfield Dr., Indianapolis 46231
You’ll walk away with:
- A clear picture of where you want your business to be in 10-30 years, a 3-5 year plan, a 90-day plan, & monthly goals broken into weekly actions
- Your 12-month goals broken into bite-size quarterly goals, monthly milestones, & weekly actions
- Strategies to build your profits right away
- A network of like-minded business owners
- Peace of mind knowing that your profits WILL grow and HOW you’ll make it happen.
Start your 2016 strong!
Roger Engelau, the Midwest’s Most Profit-Producing Business Coach
P.S. You deserve a GREAT business and your business deserves a great plan. If you register now for The Growth Plan Workshop you’ll get over half off the normal price. Click here to register.